Wired Magazine (August 2006) reports that Autodesk founder (you know… AutoCAD) and Hacker’s Diet author, John Walker, claims you can lose 10 pounds in two months by simply eating less.
- Multiply the pounds you want to lose by the number of calories in a pound of fat: 10 x 3,500 = 35,000
- Divide the total by the days you’ll diet: 35,000 / 60 = 583
- Eat that many fewer calories each day.
Well, that doesn’t sound so bad now does it? Here are examples of what you need to give up to make that happen:
- 4 cans of coke per day (150 x 4 = 600 calories)
- 1 Big Mac per day (576 calories)
- 1 Grande Starbucks Caffe Latte (260) and one Snickers Bar (273) per day