This will be the first in a series of ongoing hotel reviews to accompany the places I Blog about when I travel. The reviews are, same as everything on OneMansBlog.com, purely subjective and as such are not open to contestation. I am the king, dictator, and master of this domain. However, if you have something to add, feel free to leave a comment. Now, on with it!
The Sheraton Colorado Springs is billed as a high class hotel which has recently undergone a $multi-million renovation. That may be the case but, given the fact that this is a large property, the money didn’t go that far.
- Location: Good. Right off main highway.
- Cleanliness: Poor. Hallways looked like they hadn’t been vaccuumed in a week.
- Staff: Friendly.
- Bed: Very good. Sheratons and Westins have the best beds in the industry.
- Internet: High speed wired, but not free.
- TV: Crappy TV, but free HBO.
- Size: Average size room.
- Noise: Poor. The folks talking in the room next door were perceptable well after midnight…
- Fully Enclosed: No, Sink in living area.
- Exhaust Fan: Yes.
- Shower head: Good. Sheraton also has the “extra wide” shower curtains.
- Lighting: Poor near sink. Good in bath room.
Overall, I guess I’d stay here again, if I got a good rate and wanted to accumulate Starwood Hotels points. But if I could find a newer property in the area which offered free wireless internet access for the same money I’d have to say hasta la vista.
I mean seriously, a Sheraton with the sink in the bedroom? What’s that about?
Sheraton Colorado Springs Hotel
2886 South Circle Drive
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906
Phone: (719) 576-5900