Anyone that has ever clicked on a PDF document in a web page and then waited, in excruciating agony, for the unbelievably bloated Adobe Reader to open it knows exactly what I’m talking about. So, why not do something about it?
There is a totally free alternative to Adobe Reader with will open far faster and consume far fewer resources on your system. It’s called Foxit Reader for Windows. There is just one little catch. It’s not quite as easy as most programs to install. Never fear, here are your step by step instructions to a better performing system:
- Download the Foxit Reader software to your computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Navigate to the Program Files directory on your C: drive and create a new folder within called “FoxIt Reader”
- Cut and paste the FoxitReader.exe from the directory in which you unzipped it to the new FoxIt Reader directory in your Program Files.
- Double click on the FoxitReader.exe file to run it.
- From the Help menu make sure that you check “Make Foxit Default”
- Finally, under your START menu, settings, go to Add Remove Programs and uninstall Adobe Reader. Good Riddance!
Enjoy your much faster and more pleasurable PDF viewing experience!