WeatherBonk.com has a strange name, but some interesting views of the weather.
- The Live Conditions view offers the current weather on a micro level. Choose a zip code and you’ll see a large number of local forecasts and current temperatures.
- The Web Cams view links to local webcams in a given geography.
- The Forecasts view offers forward looking information about expected weather. (The only view most other competitive sites offer.)
- The Google Earth feature allows you to overlay Weather data onto Google Earth.
- Seasonal Weather view gives a glimpse at historical weather data to allow for future planning.
- Weather Along the Route view helps plan out a cross country drive based on current weather conditions.
- The Fog Overlay view does exactly what it sounds like.
All in all, I found it really easy to blow an hour checking out this site, and I recommend you do too. The only drawback I found was that the site was a little slow.
This is likely due to the fact that the mashup functionality of aggregating information from Google Maps, the National Weather Service and other sites makes it slow to render the pages.