Well, I’ve spent many hours this weekend making major updates to One Man’s Blog in order to provide some more interesting features.
Basically, I’ve been putting Bling on the site so I hope everyone likes it. Here is a quick summary of new functionality:
- You will now notice a number of new Social Networking site links prominently displayed near the title of each article. If you enjoy reading the article I would encourage you to share it with your favorite service (it helps me out a LOT!) by simply clicking on the link. Digg is most prominently displayed and I am still working on the functionality of that modification. Eventually it will interactively show the number of times an article has been “Dugg”.
- There is a new ARCHIVES page on the top navigation bar which takes you to an interactive searchable listing of all postings on the site. You can search by date or by category. It loads a little slow, but it’s a pretty comprehensive way to search the site.
- The category listing on the left side now includes RSS feeds, so if you want to subscribe to particular categories with your RSS reader feel free to do so.
- A few people have asked me about what kinds of topics I have coming up in the future, so I’ve added a new “Sneak Peak” on the left side of the page which displays the titles of upcoming posts and when they are due to be published. Consider them a teaser. :-)
- On the left sidebar there is a new Post Topics area which will serve as a “tag cloud”. Eventually all of the posts on this site will contain key words which will show up in that cloud. If you want to surf on a specific topic you just select from the cloud to see a list of available articles.
- Last, but not least, I’ve added a live chat window on the right side of the page. I figured that since I’m spending so much time lately on the site that its a good way to let people chat with me. As long as you are logged in you can use it. If you don’t yet have a login you can create one very easily.
I hope everyone enjoys all of these changes, and if you come up with other suggestions for how I can improve things around here please let me know.