I stayed at the Springfield, Virginia Hampton Inn on May 7, 2007 and the two best things about the hotel are:
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- It is located right beside the mall and restaurants.
All in all, I will stay here again, though there were a few details that could use improvement.
Pros and Cons
- Very good location from a standpoint of proximity to shopping, etc.
- Close enough to the highway that you can hear the cars driving by dully in the background.
- Walls thin enough to hear the TV in the adjacent room without the volume being too high.
- Extremely cheap chair at the desk.
- Excellent free wired Internet connectivity.
- Crappy in room under window A/C unit, but at least it’s got an automatic thermostat.
- The bed was comfortable, the pillows were pretty soft – too soft for me.
- Parking is a bit difficult.
- Extremely small room – almost New York city sized.
- Microwave and fridge in the room.
- Didn’t receive the requested wake-up call.
- My room seemed to be handicap accessible and as a result the bathroom was not as nice. (room 602)
- The shower experience was generally terrible. The showerhead was one of the hand held kind that hangs on the wall and it was quite poor. The shower curtain would not make a proper seal with the wall.
- Housekeeping was knocking on my door at 8:30am.
Here are the hotel details:
6550 Loisdale Ct
Springfield, VA 22150