I quite enjoyed the stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia on May 14, 2007 even though I was only there for one night, mainly because it was very much like having a home away from home.
This hotel is actually more of an apartment. In fact, if they ever wanted to they could shut it down and sell the property as condos. My room was essentially a one bedroom loft apartment with the bed upstairs and a bonus hide-away bed downstairs.
Pros and Cons
- The living room area downstairs was quite large and with a nice sitting area that could accommodate visitors very easily.
- It was very clean and felt more like a home than an apartment.
- Perfect for long stays if you are on an expense account, otherwise it’s a bit pricy ($279/night in my case).
- The people at the front desk weren’t the most courteous I’ve met, but they weren’t rude either.
- My room was a 2 story, 2 bath unit with a fold away bed downstairs and a bedroom upstairs.
- There is a fully furnished kitchen with a large fridge, stove, oven and all the cooking utensils.
- The shower heads were nice, thought the water pressure was a bit weak.
- Towels were slightly better than average.
- Free WiFi connectivity was acceptable. Not the fastest ever, but better than average.
- There is no rapid checkout. Since they can’t slip the bill under the door you have to go by the front to get a receipt.
All in all if the price had been closer to, or below, $200, and if the people were a little friendlier I would say this hotel would be just about unbeatable either for a family on vacation or a business traveler.
8616 Westwood Center Drive
Vienna, Virginia 22182 USA