After staying at a number of hotels in Springfield, Virginia I can safely state that the Springfield Courtyard Marriott is the nicest hotel I’ve stayed at in the city. As a result, it is the one I’ve chosen to spend at least the next 8 weeks in as my home away from home.
It is unfortunately the most expensive of the Springfield hotels, at $199/night, but the service and room quality made it worth the price. Also, since I’ll be staying here for several weeks I spoke with their sales manager and she made me an attractive offer which is much more palatable.
Pros and Cons
- All of the staff I’ve dealt with has been friendly.
- The free Internet access is acceptable but erratic. Slow, then fast, then slow.
- It’s a 100% non-smoking hotel.
- The rooms are pretty average sized.
- Comfortable bed, though the numerous pillows are mostly pretty soft.
- Nice shower head, tall, arced curtain for more room in the tub.
- Very clean.
- No fridge or microwave.
- Good location about half a mile from a Target and the Springfield mall.
- Well lighted parking lot and plenty of space.
6710 Commerce Street
Springfield, Virginia 22150 USA