UPDATE: I’ve added the book here. You can download it below the video explaining that OJ is happy the book has been leaked.”
Ok, I’m not going to say that I’ve personally obtained a leaked copy of OJ Simpson’s book, If I Did It… but if I had obtained it, here is how I did it!
- First of all, one would need to head over to SnapFiles.com and download the free uTorrent client.
- Save it to your computer and launch it to run the installer.
- AFTER you have installed it, click on this link to initiate the download. It’s from the PirateBay.
- At this point the uTorrent client should start up and begin downloading a PDF copy of the book. You would then only need to unzip it.
Now, to answer a few questions:
- I don’t know exactly who released the book, or how they got a copy of it, but an unnamed source told me that the person who uploaded the book had the following to say:
“Hope you enjoy, just got it today and havent even read it yet.
Sorry if the PDF is screwed up, first time ive ever scanned a book.
Couldnt get it to work properly :(
I dont know whether O.J. done it or not so dont hate me for releasing this.
Hes not gonna make any money from this ebook anyway ;-)
I do not agree with suppression of knowledge or information.
I dont even read books, so if this one was actually published i would not have got it in the first place.
Something you shoud know: O.J. already GOT PAID over $3 million for this book.
Only the publisher lost money by not releasing the book.
The rights for the book will be back with him shortly so it will be released by another publisher anyway.”
- Since the book doesn’t appear to be in the public domain, I’m not about to post it on my blog in PDF format and potentially get sued by OJ. However, if I find any links to other sites that have it posted I’ll link to them as I’m notified. If you find one please drop it in the comments so people can download it directly as opposed to having to use uTorrent.
- Perhaps one of my non-US based readers could post the PDF on your site, assuming you aren’t afraid of OJ hunting you down?
- If you obtain a copy of this book, it’s theoretically the same thing as downloading MP3s and not paying for them. I wonder if the fact that OJ may be a murderer will affect people’s willingness to bootleg his book?
- If I had downloaded the book, I would likely report that this appears to be the real deal, and it would most likely be considered the entire complete book.
Well, that is about it. If you are going to try out the instructions above – in a purely theoretical sense of course – please drop a note below and let me know what you would have thought about this book if you had downloaded it.
EDIT: Now that OJ has been quoted as thanking people for “leaking” the book, I’m adding it here. For the record, OJ Said:
“Thank God that you helped it get out, free to the public, so nobody made any blood money at this point.”
Here is the specific video where he made this statement: