Wow. I reported that Bush commuted Libby’s sentence yesterday, but today Keith Olbermann calls for Bush and Cheney to resign and seriously rips them a new one! A few choice comments:
- “I accuse you, Mr. Bush, of lying this country into war.”
- I accuse you of handing part of this Republic over to a Vice President who is without conscience, and letting him run roughshod over it.
- I accuse you of subverting the Constitution, not in some misguided but sincerely-motivated struggle to combat terrorists, but to stifle dissent.
- I accuse you of causing in Iraq the needless deaths of 3,586 of our brothers and sons, and sisters and daughters, and friends and neighbors.
- And I accuse you now, Mr. Bush, of giving, through that Vice President, carte blanche to Mr. Libby, to help defame Ambassador Joseph Wilson by any means necessary, to lie to Grand Juries and Special Counsel and before a court, in order to protect the mechanisms and particulars of that defamation, with your guarantee that Libby would never see prison, and, in so doing, as Ambassador Wilson himself phrased it here last night, of becoming an accessory to the obstruction of justice.
By the way, yesterday Olbermann named Bush the “Worst Person in the World”:
Unfortunately no one has yet posted the new video on YouTube, so you’ll have to head over to MSNBC to watch it. If anyone finds it on YouTube please let me know and I’ll embed it here.