Howdy everyone. I’m throwing this post up because I’m actually in need of some help. I’m looking for good suggestions for winter vacation spots. Here are a few of the key points that have to be taken into consideration:
- Travel will be between November and January, and it has to be to a spot that is relatively warm (70+ degrees F).
- International destinations (non-US).
- Not too difficult to reach from Dallas, with a strong preference if American Airlines goes direct.
- Reasonably priced. I’m not poor, but I’m not snooty either. Looking for high “bang for the buck” factor.
- Prefer beautiful scenery and lots of things to do (shopping, dining, history, sightseeing).
- Safety. I’m not interested in places with terrible crime and high murder rates no matter how cool they are otherwise.
- I’m highly allergic to smoking, so places I can get away from smokers are preferred (no cruises – they won’t guarantee non-smoking cabins).
If anyone has suggestions I sure would appreciate it. Also, I would be very interested in learning of any Web sites you may use to help you with researching travel destinations.