Well, a little over a week ago I received my own personal invitation from Hugh Hefner to join the exclusive society of the Playboy Passport club. Ok, it was a form letter, and Hef probably hasn’t even heard my name yet. But the invite does have his signature on it.
What is Passport you may ask? Well, according to Playboy:
Playboy Passport is the elite members-only concierge service dedicated to providing its members exclusive access to the best in dining, nightlife, travel, and special events.
It’s also limited to 1,000 people worldwide. Forever.
Now, a lot of different sites on the Internet have been talking about Playboy Passport in the past month or so. But, to my knowledge, I’m the only person who has actually received an invite that is writing about it. So, here are the first photos of what an actual invitation looks like.
It came via FedEx (or UPS… I didn’t pay attention) overnight, and it’s in a classy silver package about the size of a large book. Inside is a personal invitation letter that starts out:
For over 50 years Playboy has been turning fantasy into reality. Today I have the pleasure of continuing this tradition by inviting you to become a founding member of Playboy’s elite concierge program, Playboy Passport.
So, now we have a decision to make… namely, whether or not to accept the invitation.
This is an exclusive club. But it is also an expensive one. I’m waiting on answers to a few questions and have not yet made a decision. So, feel free to chime in if you have an opinion. In the meantime, here are a few of the benefits that come along with membership:
- Global travel and reservation services including airport lounge access, hotel upgrades, and access to private jets and yachts.
- Invitations to restaurant openings, chef’s table dinners, and exclusive dining experiences.
- VIP access to the hottest clubs and lounges around the world (of course, I’m allergic to smoke).
- VIP access to signature Playboy events at the Super Bowl and Kentucky Derby as well as the Playboy Golf Scramble, Playboy Poker Camp, Playboy Jazz Festival, Playboy boutique openings and events, Playboy magazine issue release parties, and moreÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
- Exclusive, dedicated events at the Playboy Mansion and Palms Casino Resort Las Vegas.
- Invitations to regional member events and networking functions.
I suppose if Hef were to actually call me I’d pretty much HAVE to accept the invitation, but I don’t really see that happening…
So. What would you do if you were me?