OK. Who loves ya baby! Damn right, I do! I spent about 4 hours just preparing all of the entries for this month’s contest which numbered in the hundreds. Yikes, we’ve got to do something about that for next month!
Anyway, as previously mentioned, you only had to do one of two “no obligation” things in order to be eligible to win the Sony Camcorder. Be an e-mail subscriber to OMB updates, or link to any article from your blog. (Both allow me to at least hunt down the winners.) Well, the results are in, and we have a winner!
First, the methodology… Because I don’t want anyone worrying about how the winner was chosen.
- I gathered all of the inbound links showing on Technorati into a collection and printed them all out.
- I cleaned up the e-mail subscriber list and printed all of the current subscribers out.
- I checked those lists against the e-mails and comments from the contest post to make sure I had everyone.
- I tossed in a few extra entries for things that some readers did which deserved extra entries.
- I then manually cut each and every entry into strips and placed them in a big bowl.
- My wife looked in the other direction and then selected a winner from among the group!
And the lucky winner of the Sony DCR-SR60 Hard Drive Camcorder is Mark Rayner! Mark’s entry came courtesy of the link he provided to the 150 Monty Python sketches article. So I wonder, did Mark even know that he had become eligible for the drawing as a result of the link? Hopefully we’ll find out soon enough.
Now, in case Mark is unable to fulfill the duties of the One Man’s Blog contest – namely to make contact with me fairly quickly, we did draw a runner-up. And lo and behold to my surprise it was Lorelle VanFossen! Yep, the very Lorelle who I filmed at WordCamp. So, just in case Mark got run over by a bus or something, the camcorder will go to Lorelle (but personally I wouldn’t count on it).
Congrats to Mark, and don’t despair if you weren’t the winner this month. I will announce next month’s prize and associated rules tomorrow… So stay tuned!