Folks, I just wanted to pass along a tip for a free PDF Printer Driver in case anyone was ever looking for one, or in case you don’t know what this even is!
A PDF Printer Driver is a little piece of software that installs just like a printer would, but instead of converting your printed output it saves the exact printed format as a PDF file. You might want to do this for any of the following reasons:
- To e-mail a document in a universal format which preserves the exact page layout. For example, if you create a form using MS Word, you can convert it to PDF.
- To preview exactly what a document is going to look like when printed before wasting paper and ink.
- To post a printable version of a document on a Web site that people can access using any computing platform.
- If you want to print something, but you aren’t near a printer you can print it to a PDF and then later print a hard copy. VERY useful for offline work on a laptop while traveling.
The only problem is that up until relatively recently the only way to accomplish this was to own a very expensive piece of Adobe software. But now there are a few free alternatives on the market, and I wanted to recommend Bullzip PDF Printer.
Given the fact that this is Freeware, Bullzip’s PDF Printer is one of the easiest pieces of software you can install. It’s a simple two step process.
- Download Ghostscripts and install it. (32 bit or 64 bit depending on your processor)
- Download the latest Bullzip PDF Printer driver and run the setup program.
So, hopefully someone will find this as useful as I do! Oh, and don’t forget, Adobe Reader Sucks!