There are so many “make money online” ads…can you recommend some? I have a blog and I’m using Adsense, but I’m not making any money on it (it’s really new, so not much traffic). There is so much info out there, it’s overwhelming!
Yes Arlina, you’re right. There is a lot of information out there, most of which is very misleading, and it’s hard to know what are reasonable expectations for advertising revenue as well as where to turn to for actual advertising dollars. So, I’ll try to answer your question by at least pointing you in the direction of some of the biggest Google Adsense alternatives out there. And hopefully this is one time when our fairly large and vocal reader community will chime in and share their cumulative knowledge as well.
- To start with, you might want to watch this video from WordCamp 2007 in which Jeremy from b5media shares some of his advice.
- Google’s AdSense is the standard for text and some image advertising in general, but don’t forget to check out the Yahoo Publisher Network as well.
- AdBrite is another large and trusted source. The last time I used them my results weren’t so great – but it was a long time ago.
- Read ProBlogger’s Find a Sponsor for Your Blog article.
- If you write about products that can be sold, look into Chitika, Amazon’s affiliate program.
- If you happen to know someone, and that is a big IF, perhaps you can get into BlogAds.com. But even I’ve never gotten an invitation, so I wouldn’t hold my breath…
That is a pretty good starting point, so now we’ll open things up for comments from everyone else. So, if you’ve had success with any ad networks other than what I’ve listed please share your experience. The only thing I ask is, do NOT post affiliate links. If you like an ad network enough to recommend it, great. But we’re not sharing tips to try to make money off people on this post.