Dukes of Hazzard’s General Lee vs. Starsky & Hutch’s Gran Torino

0 Flares Google+ 0 Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Reddit 0 StumbleUpon 0 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 0 0 Flares ×

General Lee vs. Gran TorinoTwo shows that I loved during my youth were The Dukes of Hazzard, and Starsky and Hutch. And probably the main reason I loved these shows was the fact that they were always driving like complete maniacs!

Yeah, I’m a car guy. I can quote car stats like some people quote sports stats. So when I came across this video I had to share it!

So now, Vicki Butler-Henderson, of British TV show 5th Gear, races two of the most famous TV cars ever – the Dukes of Hazzard’s Dodge Charger, the General Lee, versus Starsky and Hutch’s Ford Gran Torino.

Enjoy!

Comments

1. Michael Nunn says:

The Dukes and Starsky and Hutch movies were both great, and honorable tributes to the original shows. When I was a kid, Dukes seemed to be aimed at a younger audience, which I think is also reflected in the movies, although Jessica Simpson strutting her stuff is not for the faint hearted… The General Lee seemed to always be a real character, or at least was more memorable than the Gran Torino… Both are pretty sweet cars though – good post. BTW..@Rosco Peako Train lol….

2. brad reichart says:

i think his dogs name was flash. lol

3. I like the sound of pure horse power and torque. At today’s cars, with all that chips, you’ll never hear that great sound…

4. bakerylady says:

I was never really too huge of a fan of either car’s, but I do think that it’s cool that they took out the old cars and took ‘em for a spin. Now if your talking about Herbie the Love bug – that’s different.

5. My vote goes to the General! Ye haw!

6. RHB says:

well you had to be of that generation to appreciate it, It looks silly to the kids now, but what they are doing seems silly to us!

7. Steve Elliott says:

Wasn’t that Rosco P Coltrane? I loved his dog, anyone remember what it was called?

8. Brandon says:

I loved the dukes of hazzard reminds me of when i was a kid and use to race my big wheels. Rosco peako train now that is a name.

9. Derek Wong says:

I was never really too huge of a fan of either show, but I do think that it’s cool that they took out the old cars and took ‘em for a spin. Now on to Kit, the A-team van, and the batmobile!

10. Kindred spirits, your dad and I! LOL! :D

11. Mistergin says:

LOL, my dad’s the same way :)

12. Loved both shows, but, the Dukes were my FAVE!! Loved them all – I carry on and on to my kids about that show, and they endlessly make fun of me and the Dukes! Hrmph! What do they know?!

CONGRATS, GENERAL! Hahaha!

I heard recently that John Schneider sold her on eBay.

13. RHB says:

got to love a Mopar. A girl talking while racing with no helmet, not very believable, good story telling though.