Juan Francisco Casas Amazing Bic Pen Art

When I first encountered Juan Francisco Casas’ art I was stunned. Sure, there are a lot of artists out there that can draw lifelike figures. But how many of them work with nothing but a blue Bic pen? And draw photographs up to 10 feet tall? As far as I know – exactly one.

Here is what the Daily Mail had to say:

They may look like pin-sharp photographs – but these amazing pictures are actually drawings created with the humble ballpoint pen.

The stunning pictures, measuring up to 10ft high, were drawn by a rising star of the art world, Juan Francisco Casas.

Casas, 31, can use up to four 14p ballpoint pens for a canvas and his works are already a sell-out at exhibitions.

Formerly a traditional painter, Juan began the drawings three years ago based on photographs of nights out with his friends.

According to Juan:

I also wanted to create it with something that everyone has – a Biro (Bic). I don’t think it has ever been done before. For me it’s not that different from painting. I was trying to show that it doesn’t matter what material you use, it’s what you do with it.”

I actually just sent him an e-mail via his contact form and am hoping to commission him to do a drawing for me. If we ever hook up and he takes me up on the offer I’ll certainly share the results here on the blog. For now, enjoy some of his current work.

This next one is amazing. I think it was like 10 feet tall or something:

Woman in Bra Pen Drawing

And here is a closeup to prove it’s a drawing:

Closeup of Bic Pen Art

Pose for the camera!

Flossing is important:

Woman in Pantys

Finally, here is the artist hard at work:

Juan Francisco Casas Drawing

Related Links:

Comments

1. Jerry Stith says:

Womanizing, sex and exaggeration seems to be popular with this artist. I’m personally a Christian that views life differently than this guy therefore he’s not my favorite! Why does the public have a poor view of most artists comes across my mind? Does skill out way good taste? Let the inks flow………

Cheers, Jerry Stith

2. DR ravinder singh says:

i have created alotof skeches with ballpen’s reffil only.
    i desire to show it Please let me know your personal E-mail
    adress
    thankingyou

3. Chris says:

Very impressive, saw something like this in Paris recently done with pencils, I think a projector is used for the main outline. If i’m wrong which I hope I am, I’m even more impressed. He does have a slightly guilty look in his eye tho : P

4. Shaina says:

Very “Cashback”.

5. Saim Baig says:

Art at its best.I still can’t believe that it is just a pen art.
    Some notable stuff too.But he really deserves alot.

6. John P. says:

If he ever responds to me I’ll have him do a favorite photo I have of my wife and our best friend. I made a funny comment and they are both giving me “the look”. Its classic. :-)

John

7. Oh my gosh – those are amazing!! I can’t believe some of them are so huge! I’m gonna come back tomorrow and dig through his links! What are you going to have him draw if you get a hold of him? It sure would be neat to have him do one of one of your sculptures, to see how he does the shine of the metal – and how real he makes it look!

8. Derek Wong says:

Oh man that is ridiculous! I mean granted, the human eye can be easily fooled. But that is still really impressive stuff!

How did you ever find out about this guy?

9. Mistergin says:

The bottom one puts the others into perspective.. like Dawn said, the fact that they’re 10 feet tall is just amazing.

People are notoriously difficult to draw too.. just insane!

10. Dawn says:

What is really incredible is the SIZE of these drawings, given the tiny “brushstroke” he is using. Absolutely amazing!

11. RHB says:

that’s hot stuff, and the art is good too…