Bill Maher seems to be following in Michael Moore’s footsteps by putting out a movie called Religulous. This film, which I’m certain will prove to be extremely divisive, makes the case that the most dangerous force on earth is religion.
Maher’s ultimate message is simple: Abandon religion… or we’ll all die.
In the clip that follows, Maher lays out the foundation of this statement. Here are a few choice quotes which I believe pretty much sum things up:
- “If one believes that the world is going to come to an end, does it not drain one’s motivation to improve life while we’re here?”
- “Religion must die for man to live.”
- “Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking.”
- “Those who preach faith and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders.”
- “Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don’t have all the answers, to think they do.”
- “The only attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt.”
- “The solace and comfort that religion brings you, actually comes at a terrible price.”