How to Invite ALL Facebook Friends to a Group, Event or Page

5.4K Flares Google+ 30 Twitter 237 Facebook 5.1K Reddit 0 StumbleUpon 64 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 14 5.4K Flares ×

I set up a couple of groups on Facebook – our Wealth Nation group (PLEASE JOIN!) and the Stop the Farmville Madness!!! group – and wanted to invite all my friends, but it would have taken an eternity because for some strange reason Facebook doesn’t allow you to “select all” friends when sending an invite. I mean, they’ll let you do it… but only if you click one at a time! Uugh.

Well anyway I went on a little search and found that you could cheat the Facebook system by inserting a little javascript to make it happen! Here is how to do it:

1. Go to your Facebook Event, Facebook Group or Facebook page and click “Invite People”.
  2. Once the page has loaded you should see all of your friends, but they are not selected.
  3. At this point, copy and paste the javascript code below into your Web browser’s address bar, then hit “Enter”.
  4. If all goes well, it selects all of your friends!
  5. IMPORTANT: NOW YOU MUST WAIT!!! If you have a lot of Facebook friends, you have to leave that window open for a long time so it sends all of the invitations! I have about 1,400 and it took like 15-20 minutes to send all of the invitations. The Invite window will close when its done. So exercise patience!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:elms=document.getElementById('friends').getElementsByTagName('li');for(var fid in elms){if(typeof elms[fid] === 'object'){fs.click(elms[fid]);}}

If that first method doesn’t work for you give this a try:

Right click the “friend box” and open it in a new tab:
Then paste this ==> javascript: fs.select_all()

Finally, there is now a GreaseMonkey script for Firefox to Invite All Facebook Friends if you want to try that as well..

Oh, and by the way, if you found this helpful please tweet it or share it on Facebook to help others find it too. The more people who share it, the more people it helps! It takes some time for all of the Facebook invites to be sent. They go into a queue. So if you saw them all get selected, just be patient. The messages WILL get delivered over the next 24 hours or so.

UPDATE

If none of that is working for you, Michael Quale developed a little Chrome plugin which I personally tested and it did the trick. You can get it on the Chrome browser store here. And here is a little video of it working.

Again, that one is only for Chrome users, but I highly recommend that everyone use Chrome anyway…

Comments

1. I created a small Facebook app that lets you select a list of friends and invite the whole list to your event. You can check it out at lisvite.com. There is no code to write. Just select your event, your list of friends and go.

Please let me know if anything does not work as expected.

2. alaa mohamed says:

i can’t made it

3. Great Code. Now i can send all the friends a invite. Thanks

4. shikhar says:

kindly give a javascript code that posts on a facebook group
    Assuming you have logged in and have authorization.

5. This code aren’t valid anymore. Let’s see what chrome can do.

6. Same says:

Hey guys I need help
    My facebook and yahoo Is look u guys know how to open

7. AUDIOMIND says:

Does not currently work in Firefox 12.0.

8. guess code stopped working for some reason
    :( too bad, please let me know if anyone knows about a new one, will do the same myself.

9. StevenCee says:

Tried the first, and nothing happened, on the bottom toolbar it said “canceled opening page”, then I tried the second, but once I open the friends window, there is no option to open in a new tab/window, and if I clicked on open in new tab, on the “invite friends” link, it merely opens my entire page again… Do these scripts not work on Macs?

• Ben Vamstone says:

These code work on mac, but if using Google Chrome Version 23.0.1271.101 or later then press Alt, Cmd & J. This will bring up the “Java Script Console” there you can enter the script and press enter.

NOTE: You can also fine the “JavaScript Console” under – View / Developer / “JavaScript Console”

10. Gaurav singh rajawat says:

Can anyone help me
    my group doesn’t show invite button
    it show only add frnd
    java script doesn’t work in that

11. SarahAllison says:

Hey there so…I’m wondering how I can invite all the kids you like my youth group page to an event, I only have so many of them as friends and would like to invite the 200+ that like the page…how would I do that?

12. Bobo says:

Greetings, if i am not mistaken Facebook has changed its way of adding friends to group which is one by one and every time we can add only 20 person.

is there any ways of adding all my 3000 friends at the same time now?

13. mauricio says:

Thanx a lot for your information from Colombia. Chrome plugin has worked just perfect for me! Thanx a lot!!!

14. Dentt Aldy Chiie Interisti says: