I’m not sure what other people think about the Griffin 9785-PJLTRSV PowerJolt Reserve for iPhone & iPod, but I for one love it. This is a little cigarette lighter adapter for your car which allows you to plug in your standard iPhone USB charging cord to power-up your phone while on the road. But it also happens to have a built in rechargeable battery attached to it which you can either use in the car for wireless convenience – or take in your pocket for backup power when you go!
A few things you should know:
- It’s about $40. I got mine at a local WalMart.
- The battery connects to the charger magnetically. Yeah, it’s cool. You just grab it and pull it off. When you are done just get it near where it needs to be and the magnets pull it together.
- You can be charging one phone with the USB while another is charging off the battery.
- It charges an iPhone MUCH faster than other chargers in my opinion.
- The battery will bring an iPhone 3Gs up to about 50% charge.
Here are a few closeup photos from mine. I go nowhere without it.