I’ve got a lot of friends on Facebook. And those friends are very busy inviting me to events, pages, Farmville, Mafia Wars, and every other little thing anyone ever invented for Facebook. The problem is, I don’t have time to go through literally hundreds of invitations to confirm or deny them. (And I mainly just want to deny them…)
So I was looking for a way to automatically deny all invitations on Facebook when I came across this nice little Firefox extension that lets you do just that! Well, it will also let you accept all invites on Facebook, if you’ve got a lot of extra time in your life to spend looking at all that stuff.
But if you have a whole boatload of page invites, friend invites, calendar invites, game invites, or any other invites that you want to either automatically deny or confirm – here is how to do it!
You just need a few things to be able to deny all the Facebook invites too.
- First you need the Mozilla Firefox Web browser. You can get it free here: http://www.mozilla.com/.
- Then you need an add-on called GreaseMonkey. Get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748.
- Finally you add a GreaseMonkey script to work with Facebook here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/43682.
I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it. And after you do, when you visit pages in Facebook where there are a lot of invitations waiting you’ll see options at the top of the page to deny all of the invites. You just basically tell it to start, and then wait till the countdown is complete!
The script also allows you to:
- Bulk add users: Adds a bulk add box, in the greasemonkey menu on the bottom right of the browser, go to “script commands” and choose “show bulk add friends” and you can add users by the bulk.
- Invite boxes: In the invite box of an app, it’ll bring up a link to refresh the list of friends who have this app and then select them in the invite box.
- Friends’ list: You can put all your friends who are using an app into a friends’ list by visiting the invite page of the app, click “refresh” to collect all the users, then visit your friends’ list and click “edit list” and choose “select your friends from the previous app”.
Though I haven’t tried any of that. I’m just happy with my newfound ability to automatically delete all those invitations!