Here is a video which was allegedly shot of an old man walking down the street in Philly. The video author claims he tried to help this guy but was met with resistance, so he went up to his apartment and instead filmed the guy.
Here are some stats on the slowest man on earth:
- The slowest man on earth was traveling roughly 2.4 ft/minute
- The slowest man on earth was traveling roughly .027 mph
- It would take him 36.67 hours to travel 1 mile
- A turtle on land moves at 1.07 mph (40x faster then the old man)
- It would take him 960.66 hours to finish the NYC Marathon, that’s over 40 FULL days (assuming he keeps pace)
Now this could all be a clever marketing ruse by some starving student… But it’s cool enough that I don’t care. Plus, the guy who took the video is selling “Slowest Man on Earth” T-shirts to supposedly track this guy down and buy him a scooter. And I’m telling you, those T-shirts rock!