I only have one thing to say about Laurel Maryland’s hotel situation. You don’t want to stay here if you have any other options. Go up the road to Columbia or over towards Baltimore, but avoid Laurel.
Why is that? Because the Days Inn & Suites is among the “nicest” places to stay in this little town, and frankly it ain’t that great.
Pros and Cons
- Free breakfast 6-9am
- Towel was too rough to clean glasses without scratching them.
- Toilet paper was of the used sandpaper variety.
- Ill-fitting sheets on mattress kept slipping off both corners during the night.
- WiFi was so poor it was literally unusable.
- Room and hotel appeared reasonably clean.
- No rapid checkout. They don’t slip the bill under the door, so you have to go by the front to get a receipt.
- The shower in room 110 (handicap accessible) was broken. When I reported it they said they didn’t have another room to move me to, nor did the owner know how to fix it.
- Its cheap.
- Not the best neighborhood. I wouldn’t want my wife staying here alone.
9860 Washington Blv
Laurel, MD 20723