You probably arrived at this page because someone wanted you to know:
Chances are you:
- Were rude, mean or nasty to someone on Facebook or Twitter
- Left a scathing comment on someone’s blog post
- Generally acted in a socially unacceptable manner
…for no good reason.
Other things you should probably know (even though I know – you already know it all):
- You caught an error in a blog post. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a GENIUS you are! I only spent a few hours writing a story with 100 points, but you found one that was wrong. WOW! I’m so glad you made a federal case out of it, because now we’re so much more enlightened.
- Even though this is only a personal blog for entertainment purposes of course I should be held to the same standards as CNN, right?
- Its a good thing that instead of dropping a comment with a correction you decided to [Tweet / Facebook / Blog] a scathing diatribe. (Sorry, that big word means rant.) I mean, if you had been nice about it there is NO WAY it would have worked, right?
- I’m really, really glad you chose to add value by using an anonymous account! The email@example.com email address is a nice touch. As is the non-descript Twitter ID, combined with a lack of personally identifying info. Admirable!
The Douchebag Hall of Fame
Occasionally I’ll feature a special douchebag here. If you’ve got a story to share of someone who was rude, mean and nasty to you online feel free to share and maybe I’ll add them here too. But you have to document WHY they deserve it.
n8d on Twitter
Our first Douchebag, and the one who inspired this post today, is n8d on Twitter. Here’s why:
- I compiled a bunch of news stories as I was learning about the Japanese Earthquake (complete with reference links), and posted them to help people kind of catch up without having to do all the work I had to do.
- n8d found a single inaccuracy and decided to Tweet to the world as well as leave two nasty comments (deleted for good measure). As if the inaccuracy couldn’t have been corrected. I mean, like I chiseled it into a tablet of stone, right?
- Of course this person uses a non-identifiable handle, gmail address, no link to a website, etc.
So, CONGRATULATIONS n8d! You’re Douchebag number 1. Your mother must be so proud.