Ok gang. Whether you are on my Health Challenge or not, International Push-up Day is only hours away at this point, and I must be the only fool on the planet who was ever willing to pay for your push-ups!
Don’t forget that I’m going to make a $1 donation to Heifer International to help the needy for every push-up you do (up to $1,000 total)! So if you won’t do them for yourself, at least do them for the poor people around the world!
There are three ways your push-ups turn into credits for Heifer:
- My strong preference is that you post them on Twitter as you’re doing them. So if you do 10, send a Tweet that says something as simple as “10 pushups #HealthChallenge”. It’s important to add the #HealthChallenge for those of us keeping and eye out for tweets with this tag. If you don’t know how, you can use TweetDeck (Cali Lewis shows you how).
- You can leave a comment here on this page each time you do them. Same thing, just drop it below.
- If you have a blog, you can keep track of your push-ups on your blog. Just link back to this page to create a trackback I can follow when you post your first update, then keep updating your blog post throughout the day. I’ll go to all the linked blogs in the comments to count up the push-ups within the next couple of days.
A few other little things.
- It’s important that you post periodic updates about your progress through the day. Otherwise, no one is going to believe you! :-)
- If you want to maximize your push-ups, don’t do more than 75% of your max at any one time! This is very important. You can do a lot more if you only do 50% of your max, but you do it repeatedly throughout the day.
- No one individual is going to get more than $25 credit towards the donation. This is for everyone’s benefit. We need to spread the word and have a lot of participants in order to help motivate everyone. So, how many people have you recruited?
That’s it! I look forward to seeing everyone’s progress, and I will be starting my push-ups at 12:01am Dallas time tomorrow! I promise to either set, or raise, the bar for everyone! Let’s have fun!
And for those of you who don’t know what Heifer International does, here is a little video. You should really think about supporting their project.